[Yanel-dev] local.web.xml

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Jan 21 00:10:09 CET 2010

Guillaume Déflache wrote:
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> Hi
>>
>> Within the file
>>
>> src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
>>
>> we have several parameters which can be customized
>>
>> <param-name>log-access</param-name>
>> <param-name>workflow.not-live.most-recent-version</param-name>
>>
>> and hence it would be nice to be able to have a file local.web.xml in
>> order to overwrite the default
>> version during the build process (similar to realms.xml)
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Michi
>
> Why not move these parameters to yanel.xml? We already have
> local.yanel.xml and IMHO it's better to keep configuration not
> fundamentally tied to servlets there to ease testing.

because it's not clear to me yet how log access for example is different
within a web environment and a non-web environment and
also because the log access is done within the Yanel servlet and not
within Yanel itself.

But apart from that, web.xml exists and is configurable even if we would
move log access and workflow to yanel.xml.