[Yanel-dev] svg and svg-edit resource-type

simon simon at 333.ch
Tue Jan 19 01:05:39 CET 2010

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> simon wrote:
>> hi all
>>
>> i finished my svg and svg-edit resource-types. you can see it in
>> action on my demo site: http://demo.yanel-contribution.3k3.org
>
> this is great :-)
>
> Btw, if requesting for example
>
> http://demo.yanel-contribution.3k3.org/svg/test.svg?yanel.resource.viewid=jpg
>

> then I get an error within Firefox and I think the reason is because
> instead of image/jpeg the response mime type is
>
> image/svg+xml
>
> but in this case it's really a jpeg file, hence I think Firefox gets
> confused.
the problem is the apache mod_proxy which seems to rewrite mime-types.
not sure how to fix this.

> Also I think it would be nice to deliver a jpg based on svg without
> the query-string, but I assume this can be configured, right?
this is already possible. the view is not only changeable via
yanel.resource.viewid paramater but also via extension. if you request
http://demo.yanel-contribution.3k3.org/svg/test.jpg it's the same as
http://demo.yanel-contribution.3k3.org/svg/test.svg?yanel.resource.viewid=jpg.

at least if the matcher is configured that greedy e.g. /svg/**.*

BTW this was also a reason why i thought it would be nice if the
resource-type has a methode createRC(request). in this case it could
create 4 rc files. for each possible extension one. e.g. if you create a
test.svg file it would create a test.svg.yanel-rc and a
test.jpg.yanel-rc and a test.png.yanel-rc and a test.html.yanel-rc.

cheers
simon