[Yanel-dev] svg and svg-edit resource-type

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Jan 19 00:35:42 CET 2010

simon wrote:
> hi all
>
> i finished my svg and svg-edit resource-types. you can see it in
> action on my demo site: http://demo.yanel-contribution.3k3.org

this is great :-)

Btw, if requesting for example

http://demo.yanel-contribution.3k3.org/svg/test.svg?yanel.resource.viewid=jpg

then I get an error within Firefox and I think the reason is because
instead of image/jpeg the response mime type is

image/svg+xml

but in this case it's really a jpeg file, hence I think Firefox gets
confused.

Also I think it would be nice to deliver a jpg based on svg without the
query-string, but I assume this can be configured, right?

> whereas the svg resource-type seems to have some problems with
> gradients if running in a headless environment.
>
> hope you have fun...

We will have a project with vertically aligned text and hence I think we
will give it a real try shortly ;-)

Thanks for sharing this.

Michi