[Yanel-dev] Use of yanel.org domain name in source code

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Jan 12 14:07:45 CET 2010

Guillaume Déflache wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For new stuff how about using:
> - for Java code: "org.yanel." instead of "org.wyona.yanel." as package
> prefix?
> - for XML namespace URIs: "http://yanel.org/" instead of
> "http://www.wyona.org/yanel/" as URI prefix?

No, because the company/organization behind yanel is wyona and yanel is
not an organization itself. ASF projects also
start with

org.apache.cocoon.**

and of course it's also about branding ;-)

> I am also wondering what we are versioning in Yanel's resource-type
> namespace URIs: Most of them start with
> "http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/1.0":

in the case of third party resources they have different namespaces, e.g.

http://www.foo.bar/yanel/resource/1.0

So this is really about making a resource "name" unique and not about on
what version the resource is based on.

For example if want to make an improved calendar resource
implementation, then we would probably use the namespace

http://www.wyona.org/yanel/resource/2.0