[Yanel-dev] Introducing GroupManager#getGroups(boolean)

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Feb 24 11:29:15 CET 2010

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just noticed that the interface
>
> src/core/java/org/wyona/security/core/api/GroupManager.java
>
> has no method getGroups(boolean refresh)
>
> similar to UserManager.getUsers(boolean refresh)
>
> which means depending on the implementation, e.g.
>
> src/impl/java/org/wyona/security/impl/yarep/YarepGroupManager.java
>
> one does not notice if something has changed within the repo which
> didn't go through this implementation,
> but which is quite possible if the repo is decoupled and has other
> "input/output" points.
>
> Hence I think we should introduce such a method.
>
> WDYT?

I was thinking some more about this and I think it's best to introduce
an interface

interface CacheableGroupManagerV1 {
   void refresh();
   Group[] getGroups(boolean);
}

which then the YarepGroupManager could implement and
withint the security-api resource we could ask the implementation
whether it implements this interface or not.

WDYT?