[Yanel-dev] Yanel Updater accessing RDF within sub-realm

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Feb 19 23:17:37 CET 2010

Hi

I was very confused because the link

http://www.yanel.org/downloads/update.rdf

does not resolve a page within the yanel-website realm, but rather within

https://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/realms/downloads

which is configured as sub-realm within conf/local/local.realms.xml

<realm id="yanel-downloads" mount-point="/yanel-website/downloads/">
  <name>Yanel Downloads</name>
  <config src="/home/wyona/data1/data1/src/realms/yanel-downloads/"/>

  <reverse-proxy>
    <host-name>yanel.wyona.org</host-name>
    <port></port>
    <prefix>/ulysses/yanel-website</prefix>
  </reverse-proxy>
</realm>

I think we need to document this or make it more obvious, for example by
introducing a sub-domain

downloads.yanel.org

because otherwise it will remain very confusing especially because
within the yanel-website realm exists a page at

http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/download/update.rdf

which is a different RDF file, whereas it is not clear to me if this is
obsolete or not.