[Yanel-dev] Flaw of policy editor UI

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Feb 12 12:09:37 CET 2010

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> Within the current policy editor one can not differentiate whether a
> permission has been set explicitely to false or whether it just has not
> been set. This leads to ambiguities when writing/saving the policy and
> in particular in the case of the ROOT policy, because otherwise
> we currently have a workaround implemented in order to check the
> parent policies (if inheritance is on).
>
> I currently have no suggestion on how to improve this,

as a quick fixed we could introduce two checkboxes, one for true and one
for false, and if none is set,
then it means that some parent policy will decide. But we need to make
sure that only one checkbox
can be selected at a time. I know you say why not use a radio button,
but the problem there is how
unselect both.

Also Simone suggested that to use green and red to emphasize, which I
think is a good idea, but we need
to think about color-blinds and also about different world regions,
which might not consider red and green as
obvioius go and no-go.