[Yanel-dev] Loading of users and groups as XML

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Feb 11 10:50:33 CET 2010

Hi

The PolicyManager resource

src/contributions/resources/policymanager/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources/policymanager/PolicyManagerResource.java

is loading users and groups via the following query string

/foo/bar?yanel.policy=update&get=identities

which then is handled by the YanelServlet#doAccessPolicyRequest()

first, but then forwarded again to the PolicyManager resource

if (getXML != null && getXML.equals("identities")) {
sb.append(getIdentitiesAndRightsAsXML(getRealm().getIdentityManager(),
getRealm().getPolicyManager(), get
RequestedLanguage()));

Now I would like to re-use this for editing users and groups, but it
seems to me that the main purpose of the policy manager
resource is to manage policies and not users and groups and hence I
think we should re-factor this by introducing a IdentityManagerResource.

WDYT?