[Yanel-dev] Assigning new group to a user at runtime

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Dec 15 11:43:10 CET 2010

Hi Balu

On 12/15/10 10:03 AM, Balz Schreier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the usecase where a user gets assigned a new group while he is
> logged in.
> I noticed that Yanel reflects this change only after a login of that
> user, means as long as the user stays logged in, the user does not
> benefit from the new assignment yet.

the reason for that is that for performance reasons the groups (and its
parents and parents) are loaded
during login and attached to the session, because these are used for
access control, and since every "html request" has many other requests
as a consequence it's good to have this "cached".

Now when you update the group settings the sessions are not being
touched and hence one
does not notice such a  change.

I am not saying that this is good, but the question is how we can do
this better, but please see below ...

> Question: How can I tell Yanel to reinitialize the User (Identity) and
> its Groups ?

- we could try to change the session
- we could change the implementation by using conf/ehcache.xml instead
the sessions.

Any other suggestions?