[Yanel-dev] Archiving email messages [Fwd: IMPORTANT: your message to w3c-dist-auth]

Cedric Staub cedric.staub at wyona.com
Thu Aug 26 11:08:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 09:57:28AM +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
> I am biased about this, because I would consider a public mailing list,
> well .... to be public,
> but I would consider it as friendly to tell people what they are getting
> into...

In my opinion, if you post on a *public* mailing list you should be
aware of what you're getting into. They could just as well have included
a disclaimer on their homepage telling people that the messages are
being archived.

But I believe they are just trying to shield themselves from being sued
or made responsible in case someone says something stupid. Just look at
what people are doing on Facebook, thinking that the platform is private
even though it clearly is not.

Cheers
Cedric