[Yanel-dev] How to display custom favicon.ico

Cedric Staub cedric.staub at wyona.com
Tue Aug 3 10:42:54 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 09:38:51AM +0200, Mehmet Birgi wrote:
> On a customer project, we would like to display our custom favicon.ico
> instead of the default tomcat icon. Is there a way to do this as part
> of the (automatic) deployment process? Or do we have to place it
> manually on the server? And if so, where would that be?

The browser usually just looks for a file with the name favicon.ico in
the root directory of the server, e.g. www.example.com/favicon.ico.

Alternatively, you can tell the client to look for the favicon in a
different location than the default by putting this in the head of the
page you want to add the favicon to:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/somepath/myicon.ico"/>

Cheers
Cedric