[Yanel-dev] Re: Contact Form

Mehmet Birgi mehmet.birgi at wyona.com
Wed Apr 21 08:44:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Michael Wechner
<michael.wechner at wyona.com>wrote:

> Mehmet Birgi wrote:
>
>> Update: I got it working after rebuilding Yanel.
>>

> if you change conf/local/local.yanel.xml then you need to rebuild, whereas
> this would be a bit overkill,
> hence you rather change it at the same time at WEB-INF/classes/yanel.xml
> and only restart Yanel, so no need
> to rebuild Yanel.
>
> The reason you should change it at both cases is because during rebuild
>
> conf/local/local.yanel.xml
>
> is going to overwrite
>

> WEB-INF/classes/yanel.xml
>
> (btw, this is true for basically all configuration files)

understood, but I will still make a note in the docs, just in case

>  It seems that this is necessary, just changing the smtp host in
>> WEB-INF/classes/yanel.xml
>>

> did you restart Yanel after changing yanel.xml?

I had, but as this seemed rather bizarre even at that time, I retried this
now, and realized that yesterday I had edited the yanel.xml in the wrong
WEB-INF :-(

sorry about the confusion, changing this and restarting does work, as
expected

>  is not enough. If someone (Michi?) can confirm this, I will update the
>> documentation.
>>

> Do you mean
>
> http://www.yanel.org/en/documentation/configuration/yanel_xml.html
>
> or
>
> http://www.yanel.org/en/documentation/misc/smtp-configuration.html
>
> I would be glad if you could update both pages.

I will, right away

Cheers,

Memo

> Thanks
>
> Michi
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mehmet
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Mehmet Birgi <mehmet.birgi at wyona.com<ma=
ilto:
>> mehmet.birgi at wyona.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    I am trying to use the contact-form resource provided by Yanel. As
>>    described in the documentation
>>    (http://yanel.wyona.org/en/documentation/misc/smtp-configuration.html
>> ),
>>    I have put this in my local.yanel.xml:
>>
>>      <smtp host=3D"mail.wyona.com <http://mail.wyona.com>" port=3D"25"/>
>>

>>    but I still get a
>>
>>        java.net.UnknownHostException: mail.foo.bar
>>
>>    The same thing happens when I put the line above in the realm.xml
>>    of my realm.
>>
>>    Does anyone know why this is happening? Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>    Thanks,
>>
>>    Memo
>>

>>    --     Mehmet Birgi
>>    www.wyona.com <http://www.wyona.com>