[Yanel-dev] Resource creation

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Mon Apr 12 12:02:05 CEST 2010

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Mehmet Birgi wrote:
>> When a new resource is created via "build.sh new-resource-type", it
>> might be nice to set the svn:ignore property for the build directory
>> automatically.
>>
>> wdyt?
>
> if you download a source snapshot, then you do not have SVN.

> Also please be aware that one does often move the directory of the newly
> created resource type.

Indeed.

Also people may want to want something else than Subversion like GIT or
Mercurial for source control, and both do not have properties but rather
files like .gitignore and .hgignore with similar syntaxes, like CVS does
with .cvsignore.

> Hence I would rather add this to the documentation than make this
> automagic.

Maybe we might add a (documented) semi-automatic way of doing it, that
would give you a list of what files to ignore, than you could manually
copy & paste into you .*ignore files.
Although with only few files to ignore it might not be worth it, and one
would have to split the list output per directory as most of these file
formats are for one directory at a time only.

Anyway it's better to have a documentation about all these ignores
somewhere first!