[Yanel-dev] A couple of issues identified when working with Yanel

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sun Apr 11 21:25:18 CEST 2010

Bruno von Rotz wrote:
> Team,
> here are a couple of issues I came across when working with a new
> instance of yanel:
>
> 1) login seems not to properly work, first attempt is refused, second
> attempt is good without changing anything on the screen. Might be an
> issue with browser settings

I also experience this behaviour "sometimes", whereas it might also be a
reverse proxy issue and one has to debug/reproduce it
within a controlled environment
> 2) toolbar disappears when chaning the language (e->d), after hitting
> refresh it comes up - might be an issue with local caching in the browser

yes, whereas I think we discussed this before and one way of solving it
would be to return no-cache if the toolbar is on.
> 3) special characters (Swiss ä, ö, ü) seem to not be treated correctly
> on the "add new page" functionality. When you enter a "ö" you receive
> some strange letter with another special character as a result in the
> header (h1) of the new page

you mean when entering the title?
> 4) pages created in a specific "folder" seem to not show up in tinymce
> when you want to add a link to them, if they include an "_"
> (underline) character (example
> http://test.wyona.com/de/CMS_migration.html)

can you explain this a bit more, because I don't really understand what
you tried to accomplish?

> 5) There are a number of unnecessairy confirms or "in-between-steps".
> For example, if you add a new page, why wouldn't you get directly into
> edit mode?

because it is not clear which editing tool you might want to use. See
the recent discussion with Memo.

Another related question was:

Also why not edit right before creation? (like you already do with the
title)

> Or, after you have edited a page, why do you need a "has been saved" page?

it depends what you are creating. In the case of an HTML page, you could
be redirected to the new page,
but in the case of uploading an asset?
> I guess this goes back to some of the usability discussions we had in
> the past

yes. Also the problem is as always generic versus specific.

I would be glad if you could create Bugzilla entries for the above items
and describe them as detailed as possible.