[Yanel-dev] Re: [Yanel-commits] rev 48566 - public/yanel/trunk/src/resources/file/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources/node

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri Apr 9 09:00:57 CEST 2010

Hi!

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Dear Guillaume
>
> As discussed before lets please discuss such changes beforehand:
>
> - Explain what you intend to do and how you want to use this

I already explain the intent months ago in "[Yanel-dev] separating
content from application code &  configuration (or getting rid of "app"
directory in repository e.g. data/app/)"
http://lists.wyona.org/pipermail/yanel-development/2009-November/004154.html
on which I had no feedback.

The change compared to that message is that I found an even simpler
solution for the "3.2)" point there that is fully backward-compatible
and IMHO does no harm, so I just committed "out of enthousiasm", sorry...
Maybe I should reply to my own message and explain this new solution there?

> - Make examples/document it

I will be glad to do that once we agree on the details like the name of
the RC property.
BTW I already tested that on the project I am currently starting, works
great.
We can probably illustrate it on any public realm that uses a
"data/app"-like directory, and maybe add a HTTPUnit or Canoo test for
that while we are at it.

> Maybe there are other possibilities to acomplish what you  want to
> acomplish.

Maybe, but nobody stepped up to suggest any so far, and I did not want
to start a project with a "data/app" directory ever again, because we
all know it cause lots of deployment problems (as you reminded me lately
when I introduced a "data/admin" directory for storing mockup XHTML pages).

Cheers,
    Guillaume