[Yanel-dev] Vim configuration for Yanel development

Mehmet Birgi mehmet.birgi at wyona.com
Thu Apr 1 14:34:23 CEST 2010

Thanks, Guillaume.

I had to make a small adaptation to make it work, because I am using "set
softtabstop=3DX". Now it seems to work nicely.

Here is the part of my .vimrc concerning tabs:

set autoindent
set softtabstop=3D2
set shiftwidth=3D2
set expandtab
"indentation for languages using braces for nesting like Java, Javascript,
CSS. etc.
au BufNewFile,BufRead *.java,*.js,*.css set softtabstop=3D4 shiftwidth=3D4

Also, there is more information on that subject at
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Indenting_source_code

2010/4/1 Guillaume D=E9flache <guillaume.deflache at wyona.com>

> Hi!
>
> AFAIK this is all that is needed to make Vim behave WRT indentation to me=
et
> Yanel coding conventions.
> This is the most safe and straightforward way I found, but it can probably
> be done differently/better:
> ---8<---
> set expandtab " never add TAB characters
> set tabstop=3D2 shiftwidth=3D2 " by default indentation is 2, e.g. for HT=
ML and
> XML-based syntaxes like XHTML, XSLT, etc.
> au BufNewFile,BufRead *.java,*.js,*.css set tabstop=3D4 shiftwidth=3D4 "
> indentation is 4 for languages using braces for nesting like Java,
> Javascript, CSS. etc.
> ---8<---
>
> Of course you may want to use an IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ IntelliJ ID=
EA
> instead! :P
>
> HTH,
>   Guillaume