[Yanel-dev] GWT 2.0 IE7 caveat: do not use com.google.gwt.xml.client.Element.getElementsByTagName("*")

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Thu Apr 1 10:21:20 CEST 2010

Hi!

I had a hard time diagnosing this, so I'd better share it:

At least on GWT 2.0 and IE7,
com.google.gwt.xml.client.Element.getElementsByTagName("*") always
returns an empty NodeList on IE, whereas it behaves as expected on e.g.
Firefox, i.e. it return all child elements of the given element as per
the DOM spec.

One would have though GWT would have isolated us from the browser
peculiarities in their API as many JS libraries do, but apparently not! :/

HTH,
    Guillaume