[Yanel-dev] Introducing a new Workflowable Interface

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Wed Sep 2 12:05:49 CEST 2009

Hi!

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Hi
>
> So far nobody has answered my request
>
> http://lists.wyona.org/pipermail/yanel-development/2009-June/003709.html
>
> so I guess it's ok and will step forward to introduce a new workflow
> interface version

Indeed! ;)

> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> [...]
>> 2) Removing the method
>>       getWorkflowIntrospection()
>>   because it seems to me that this should be deducible from the
>> interface using a helper method

Not sure I understand: could you explain a bit or if you haven't done it
yet point ot relevant code?

>> Actually the current V1 is not released yet
>>
>> http://www.yanel.org/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/api/attributes/WorkflowableV1.html
>>

>> but I think we shouldn't change it, because we use it already for
>> quite some time and hence has become common
>> practice and also introducing a V2 version would force us to actually
>> differentiate within the application the various
>> workflowable versions.
>>
>> WDYT?

Naively, I had always though that interface were frozen as soon as they
were 1st committed! So in that perspective I very much agree not to
change it.
But if we don't change it *and* don't introduce a V2 version, what shall
we do then? ;) I'd go for V2, the differentiation code will probably be
ugly and a pain to read (if, instanceOf and cast) but I see no other way!

Cheers,
    Guillaume