[Yanel-dev] Introduce an htdocs/xslt directory

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Sep 1 11:45:11 CEST 2009

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have noticed that various XSLTs have been added to the global
>> htdocs folder and hence I would
>> like to introduce a htdocs/xslt folder and move these files there to
>> have a better order.
>
> Please pretty please I'd much prefer to group files by feature, not by
> technology! http://www.javapractices.com/topic/TopicAction.do?Id=205
> and
> http://www.web4j.com/Java_Web_Application_Framework_Overview.jsp#SameDirectory
> articulates that well I think.
>

>> The problem is that this actually breaks backwards compatibility,
>> because I guess html.xslt is already used at
>> various places and also commons and Google-Analytics are going to be
>> used soon.
>
> Indeed.
>

>> Nevertheless I would rather like to this step now than later.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> I think this so-called "packaging-by-feature" grouping should be a
> long-term goal of Yanel, as IMHO it helps maintainability a lot.

very good point, but AFAIK we only have grouping by technology yet
(which I don't consider personally bad necessarily) and we don't
have any other plan.

So I think either we come up with a plan that makes more sense, or else
we stick to grouping by technology,
which is still better than no plan ;-)

Do you have any suggestions how we should group the files?