[Yanel-dev] well-formedness check within TinyMCE and Xinha resource

simon simon at 333.ch
Sun Nov 22 22:36:43 CET 2009

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> simon schrieb:
>> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>>> Hi Simon
>>>
>>> The TinyMCE resource type
>>> org.wyona.yanel.impl.resources.tinymce.TinyMCEResource
>>>
>>> has a VIEW_FIX_WELLFORMNESS view, but it is not clear to me if this
>>> is actually being used somehow
>>> and if so, then how exactly?
>> it is used. if tinyMCE submits not wellformed content (which is hard
>> to achieve but you can modify the closing html tag as follows.
>> <//html>) then you get a textarea with the source code and some
>> buttons to submit to tidy and save. this is the view fix-wellformness.
>> at the moment it is not properly working. i found out one has to
>> reconfigure the tinymce.html.yanel-rc and change the view type of
>> fix-wellformness from jelly to jelly-XML.
>
> Thanks very much for this info. Could send (or point out) a more
> concrete example or rather does a working example
> exist within one of the sample realms?
it's not possible to provide a working example, since this view is only
used when tinyMCE sends back not-wellformed html. to get this view you
have to outsmart tinyMCE and send back not wellformed content. to
outsmart tinyMCE you can do as i discribed. (modify the closing html tag
as follows. <//html>) instead of saving this not wellformed content it
should present you the VIEW_FIX_WELLFORMNESS view to fix wellformness by
hand or use the tidy button to fix it.

and to make it work one has to reconfigure the tinymce.html.yanel-rc and
change the view type of fix-wellformness from jelly to jelly-XML.

HTH
simon