[Yanel-dev] provide toolbar also for other contents as complete (X)HTML pages

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Tue Nov 17 11:17:53 CET 2009

Hi!

Currently the Yanel toolbar is only available when the response consists
of a full-blown (X)HTML page, e.g. for content with an (X)HTML MIME-type
and which text starts with a "html" opening tag.

But on a resource-type that only produces fragments of (X)HTML, e.g.
some menu structure, or only some element of a page for doing some AJAX,
it would be helpful to also have access to the toolbar to be able to
easily access the "Page Info" page, or simply to have all the
application/realm/user/Yanel context around.

Also for other XML-based (e.g. SVG, RDF/XML, RSS, Atom, ...) or
text-based (JSON, CSV, ...) MIME-types, this may also make sense to get
a XHTML toolbar for browsers that support XHTML+XML, although this would
involve returning different MIME-types with yanel.toolbar=on and
without/with yanel.toolbar=off, which might be confusing.
We could also do a specific SVG toolbar ;) but this would not stretch to
many other, non-presentational types I guess...

WDYT?

Cheers,
    Guillaume