[Yanel-dev] Yanel and Log4J's TRACE level

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Tue May 12 11:17:06 CEST 2009

Hi!

I'd like that to make yanel-impl depends on log4j-1.2.12 to be able to
log there at the TRACE level (
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/Level.html#TRACE
).

I specifically need that to dump the output of Jelly transformations:
the previous -- System.out.println-powered by fear of too copious logs
at DEBUG level I guess -- trace was understandably commented out so I
could not debug the output on-site! :(

At runtime it would not make much of a difference I guess since many
resource-types indirectly depend on 1.2.12 anyway.
And BTW this is again a duplicate JAR since in the webapp classpath we
get both 1.2.8 and 1.2.12: we should fix that too.

Any objections?

Cheers,
    Guillaume