[Yanel-dev] search-index folders

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu May 7 22:48:12 CEST 2009

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
>>> Hi!

>>> Just wanted to explain further  why I cared about this particular
>>> detail:
>>>
>>> When contributing to projects using Yanel or Yanel itself this is a
>>> pain to see what changed and what
>>> didn't once you have run the tests or fiddled with some of the
>>> bundled realms at
>>> least once. one just stumbles over the same files one doesn't really
>>> care about over and over (and the number of unversioned files even
>>> grows over time because of some
>>> not-so-well behaving tests, but anyway).
>>>
>>> It does not seem a big deal under the Unix command-line but under
>>> Windows the otherwise indispensable TortoiseSVN shows all ignored files
>>> *recursively* on svn status screens! And Simon said to me yesterday
>>> that
>>> Eclipse does more or less the same when you use svn plugins! :(
>>>

>>> Of course there are bigger offenders like the infamous "yarep-data"
>>> directories that are always only partly committed, but let's start
>>> small...
>>
>> agreed. Let me take a closer look at it and will reply again later on
>
> Any news?

not yet, but hopefully soon. Let's sit together "in real world" next
week otherwise ;-)

>> Btw, re the search index we might want to introduce the re-indexer
>> resource which we have developed for
>> a customer project and which I guess could be useful.
>

> What does it do?

it recursively re-indexes all the content within a Yarep repo
> It might warrant a few words on the feature page.

as said it's currently part of a customer project and hence not
available to the public.
But maybe Simon can tell how much effort it would be to make it generic ...