[Yanel-dev] direct file access

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed May 6 09:15:02 CEST 2009

simon litwan schrieb:
>> Michael Wechner schrieb:

>>> adding such a VFSNode specific method could be discussed of course ;-)
>> i think it would make sense.
> should i provide a patch. with something like
>
> public File getFile() {

my guts feeling tells me that introducing such a method is a bad thing,
mainly because
one breaks the exchangebility of the data repo implementation. It
doesn't hurt the API or anything like that, but
it somehow encourages "bad behaviour". WDOT?

As said I would rather first talk to the xuggle guys, especially since
they really seem to be into Open Source.