[Yanel-dev] Setting of YANEL_HOME

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Thu Mar 12 09:50:20 CET 2009

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> simon litwan schrieb:
>> Guillaume Déflache schrieb:

>>> I think we do not need $HOME/.ant-global.properties anymore, at least
>>> for setting ${yanel.home}, because
>>> for "build -f" we force it to the script directory anyway.
>>> So if you use the script from the Yanel source distribution you want
>>> to use to run the resource-type Ant script, you no longer need to
>>> indicate where the Yanel source is,e.g.:
>>> ---8<---
>>> cd /path/to/Yanel-working-copy # granted, we should not need to cd,
>>> but that's another problem
>>> ./yanel.sh build -f src/resources/file/build.xml
>>> ---8<---
>>> ...simply works nowadays.

>>> Using another Tomcat is already possible from local.build.properties,
>>> and I am not sure it makes sense for it to be a global (default)
>>> setting anyway.
>>>
>>> Also AFAICS the way it is implemented ATM is that user-specific
>>> properties override the Yanel source properties, which is backwards
>>> IMHO: these should be fallback settings, not globally-enforced settings.
>> i'm glad if we don't need this global property anymore.
>>
>> simon
>
> OK thanks, since nobody else seems to have a use for it, I am simply
> going to remove it now.

Removed in revision 41906.
FYI this had never been available for Windows, only Unix.

As a side note, the ANT_OPTS environment variable seems to do precisely
what we tried to achieve with $HOME/.ant-global.properties, cf.
http://wiki.apache.org/ant/TheElementsOfAntStyle#head-aa823e51f49e2ccded5ffa84f7e28027b7ccb8c6
("Use ANT_ARGS to set fixed command-line switches.").