[Yanel-dev] [Fwd: Re: [FILEUPLOAD] Problem with huge files (>2GB)]

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Mar 4 17:56:25 CET 2009

maybe this will also be an issue in our case at some point

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Re: [FILEUPLOAD] Problem with huge files (>2GB)
Datum: 	Wed, 04 Mar 2009 17:50:17 +0100
Von: 	Ward <wardlootens at gmail.com>
Antwort an: 	Commons Users List <user at commons.apache.org>
An: 	Commons Users List <user at commons.apache.org>
Referenzen: 	<49AE713F.3010600 at gmail.com>
<C6E9075FE95340339B8DB9ABED38A225 at pwit.com> <49AE8F4E.9090502 at gmail.com>
<f2e8eedf0903040645t281a241ie27f292edc031ed6 at mail.gmail.com>
<396e4a880903040832l3a3d37d7m7d08acad01809da4 at mail.gmail.com>
<396e4a880903040834v1db894f6ifbff658760506e02 at mail.gmail.com>
<f2e8eedf0903040835g25b75e8k41c5a1f5be1f1984 at mail.gmail.com>

Well, I indeed stumbled upon this in a academical context (my master
thesis), but the application I'm developping actually has practical uses
(Media Asset Manament system, the uploaded files are raw and unencoded
video-files)

Perhaps I should try to split the files in pieces of less than 2GB, but
I think I will have to do this outside the browser (as no
client-side-technologies are able to access files, if I'm correct?)

And no, I didn't tried a 64-bit browser, cause I don't have any...
But I don't think that would be a practical solution anyway :)

Grtz

Ward