[Yanel-dev] Proposal to introduce the webapp protocol

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Jul 27 17:14:23 CEST 2009

Hi

Currently various global file locations are hard-coded (like for example
the login-screen XSLT)

src/webapp/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/servlet/security/impl/DefaultWebAuthenticatorImpl.java

File xsltLoginScreen =
org.wyona.commons.io.FileUtil.file(realmDir.getAbsolutePath(), "src" +
File.separator + "webapp" + File.separator + xsltLoginScreenDefault);
                if (!xsltLoginScreen.isFile()) xsltLoginScreen =
org.wyona.commons.io.FileUtil.file(servletContextRealPath,
xsltLoginScreenDefault);

I would suggest that we introduce a "webapp" protocol, whoch would then
allow something like

href="webapp:/xslt/login-screen.xsl"

(which would be resolved to
..../local/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/yanel/xslt/login-screen.xsl)

WDYT?