[Yanel-dev] avalon framework

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Tue Jul 7 13:11:16 CEST 2009

Hi!

Prabodh Upreti schrieb:
> Hello
>
> I want to use the avalon framework in my new resource.  I have added

Why do you need it? Apache Avalon is basically dead nowadays, you should
avoid it if possible (I know, it's still even part of Yanel's core but
anyway).

> <dependency groupId="avalon-framework" artifactId="avalon-framework-api"
> version="4.3"/>
> in the dependencies.xml file.  It is not detecting the necessary
> classes.  I am performing an external build via ./build.sh -f
> src/contributions/resources/forgotpw/build.xml compile .  Could you
> please let me know what else I should do to make it work in my local
> environment?  Thank you.

To which "artifact:dependencies" element have you added it? Make sure
it's the one with the "maven2.resource.*" IDs, help it will porbably
won't do much. See for example
http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/src/resources/user-mgmt/src/build/dependencies.xml
which also seems to require Avalon (presumably for reading XML
configuration files).

Cheers,
    Guillaume