[Yanel-dev] styling of from-scratch-realm

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Wed Jan 7 21:58:52 CET 2009

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> simon litwan schrieb:
>>> hi all
>>>
>>> in order to provide an attractive look for the from-scratch-template
>>> we should have a look at free layouts. since designing a layout, do
>>> the css and so on, takes a lot of time doing it right.
>>> we could save time by reusing an existing layout.
>>>
>>> for example:
>>>
>>> http://www.freelayouts.com/websites/html-templates/XHTML
>>> http://www.oswd.org/
>>>
>>> WDOT?
>>> simon
>>

>> Great idea! We should not spend too much time ourselves on that for a
>> result that would not probably be so good (well, I am thinking of my
>> own anemic artistic skills :P...)
>>
>> A Yanel theme or a theme contest some day would be great though!
>>
>> On a somehow related note, also see http://www.csszengarden.com/ and
>> http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/preview (this one is much more
>> basic though), although it it is designed (beware of copyrights ;)
>
> good point, we need to be careful re license re the CSS we bundle
> within Yanel from scratch realm
see http://www.oswd.org/site/usage/. it says every design has it's own
license. but i can not find the license information in the details of a
design.

on  http://www.freelayouts.com/websites/html-templates/XHTML every
design has it's own license (but no way to search/filter by license
type). mostly creative commons. could not find any information about the
compatibility of creative commons and apache.

i think it will be hard to find a design released under apache since
it's a software license and not a content license. we should find out
which content license is compatible with the apacheV2 license.

or we should just chose a content license and release all the content of
yanel (e.g. xhtml,xml,css,png etc) under it. not sure this is possible.

simon