[Yanel-dev] test(ing?) framework: doc fixes and Eclipse

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Mon Jan 5 11:54:14 CET 2009

Hi and happy new year to all!

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> Hi all!
>
> First it seems like the URLs in the README are outdated, see attached
> patch.
> (No idea which of "test framework" or "testing framework" is correct
> English BTW.)

Thanks Simon for committing the patch!

> Also http://yanel.wyona.org/en/documentation/testing-framework.html the
> file $YANEL_HOME/src/test/htmlunit/default-properties.xml seems to have
> been superceded by $YANEL_HOME/src/test/htmlunit/htmlunit-properties.xml
> (AFAICS).

Maybe this page should be changed as well as described, not sure how I
could provide a patch easily though other than finding the page in svn
and editing by hand.

> Also it seems like both JUnit and HtmlUnit tests can also be run
> directly from within Eclipse(*) (which is great :) even if I don't know
> if the configuration files are correctly taken into account). Maybe this
> should be added to the docs like:
> ---8<---
> If you are using Eclipse you can run the tests directly from there: in
> the Package Explorer view right-click on the test packages or classes,
> select "Run As...", and then "JUnit Test"
> ---8<---
>

> (*): Well almost, it seems that the JUnit tests using Spring cannot find
> their application context or something.

Well, this works only for a few tests but more than accident than by
design, so maybe this should only be added for the HTMLUnit tests.
Whereas I think having unit tests that do not depend so much on external
(esp. file-based) configuration is a worthy goal, this is probably a
longer-term one.

Don't know much about the Canoo tests ATM, only that they are indeed
distinct from HTMLUnit tests.