[Yanel-dev] tool to remove unknown files from a Subversion working copy (to help continuous integration)

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Thu Feb 5 17:13:57 CET 2009

Hi all!

Michi and I spoke about this and how it could be handy as an interim
solution to cleanup the Hudson working copies after the tests, which may
well slow the server because of neverending directory growth (assuming
we still use ext2) as explained below.

The tool is called svn-clean and is notably in
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/admin/subversion-tools (starting from
Feisty). I haven't tested it yet so YMMV.

Of course we should also cleanup after ourselves, or at least not
generate new files and directories each time some tests are run (those
who use unique IDs in filenames and/or paths), as this clutters
developers' working copies all the same.

Cheers,
    Guillaume