[Yanel-dev] "image" resource type status (and "contributions" directories)?

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Thu Feb 5 09:48:36 CET 2009

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
>> [...]
>> As a matter of fact I am not sure what the difference is in intent and
>> purpose between:
>> - /public/yanel/trunk/src/realms & /public/yanel/trunk/src/resources
>> - /public/yanel/trunk/src/contributions/ (only "resources"
>> and no "realms" there)
>
> I think historically it was to show that resources can be at different
> locations and to show how to configure such cases

I guess that this is nowadays covered by:
   <resource-type
src="@YANEL_SRC_DIR@/src/realms/welcome-admin/yanel/resources/show-realms/"
                 compile="true"/>
   <resource-type
src="@YANEL_SRC_DIR@/src/realms/welcome-admin/yanel/resources/update-webapp/"

                 compile="true"/>
...isn't it?

Maybe we could move "src/contributions/resources" to
"src/resources-webapp" or even "src/webapp/resources"???
(Then we should move "src/resources" to "src/resources-core" or even
"src/core/resources", and ditto for realms.)
((Probably would require to update a lot of documentation, configuration
and maybe also code then...))

Also should we use the term "resources" everywhere or really "resource
types"? (Resources brings confusion with HTTP resources IMHO.)

>> - /public/yanel/contributions/ (non-Apache licensed stuff for sure has
>> to go there)
>
> this is code, which is not used by the "core" or "webapp", but makes
> sense for third party
>> I could not find documentation explaining this: maybe we should add
>> some? A README.txt file in each of these directories would do just fine
>> IMHO.
>
> agreed

Waiting for some feeback about what was written before writing these!