[Yanel-dev] "image" resource type status (and "contributions" directories)?

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Feb 4 16:08:59 CET 2009

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> Hi all!
>
> Any reason why the "image" resource type is not loaded by default by
> Yanel?

well, I guess none of the included realms are using it, but it was
considered nevertheless a resource which is worthwhile to use by third
party realms
> AFAICS it only allows scaling of images ATM:
> http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/src/contributions/resources/image
>

> it seems to be the only resource there that we do not load in Yanel
> If there is no real use for it maybe we should move it to
> http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/resources to
> reduce clutter.

agreed
> Maybe it is related to the gallery resource which sits
> there?
>
> As a matter of fact I am not sure what the difference is in intent and
> purpose between:
> - /public/yanel/trunk/src/realms & /public/yanel/trunk/src/resources
> - /public/yanel/trunk/src/contributions/ (only "resources"
> and no "realms" there)

I think historically it was to show that resources can be at different
locations and to show how to configure such cases

> - /public/yanel/contributions/ (non-Apache licensed stuff for sure has
> to go there)

this is code, which is not used by the "core" or "webapp", but makes
sense for third party
> I could not find documentation explaining this: maybe we should add
> some? A README.txt file in each of these directories would do just fine
> IMHO.

agreed