[Yanel-dev] Editing with Xinha

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Sun Feb 1 22:32:03 CET 2009

simon litwan schrieb:
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
> hi
>> Hi
>>
>> I have tested with Xinha, but then received an error, that the text
>> is not-well-formed because of nbsp, and then licked on "Tidy and
>> Save", but then it was saved as follows
> very strange. i tried to reproduce this, and added a nbsp in the
> source view of xinha. then i saved, didn't get a non wellformed
> warning AND don't get a transformer exception. in the source of the
> loaded page i just see a whitspace at the place where i added the
> nbsp. but when i edit the page with xinha again, i can still see the
> nbsp.
beside this strange thing, i could provoke a unwellformed save. but
after jTidy it didn't lose the name space. the document started like this:

Tidy for Java (vers. 26 Sep 2004), see www.w3.org" name="generator" />

but also it added  a generator header.

to avoid the nbsp we should add tidy.setNumEntities(true);

simon