[Yanel-dev] Moving the logs out of the build dir (concerns Yanel source version)

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri Dec 4 15:39:15 CET 2009

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Guillaume Déflache wrote:
>> [...]
>> As discussed IRL, none except maybe make sure that the logs dir can be
>> configured to be YANEL_SOURCE_HOME fro those like me who really want
>> logs to be "in their face"! :)
>
> that should be possible now. Overwrite the parameter log4j.path (see
> src/builld/build.properties) within src/build/local.build.properties

OK, thanks!

> Btw, I have introduced now also a dedicated 404 log, which means all 404
> are being logged.

I don't think implementing it like this is such a good idea:
- this adds some more configuration burden
- the configuration is likely to be the same as the access log IMHO
- what are you going to do when we will want to handle other 4xx (or
even maybe 5xx) error codes separately???

Maybe we could log simples accesses, e.g. 1xx/2xx/3xx at the INFO level,
4xx's at the WARN level and 5xx at the ERROR level. Then it's trivial to
filter out errors and warnings at the line level.

>> E.g. be careful if there is something somewhere deleting all logs by
>> deleting the whole directory! ;)

I guess I'll see when I (dare to) try! ;)