[Yanel-dev] Getting rid of the copy-dir-name attribute

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Aug 25 10:02:56 CEST 2009

Hi

Today I had a discussion with Guillaume about the copy-dir-name
attribute within conf/resource-types.xml which is currently
necessary in the case of binary releases.

We could get rid of this property by doing two things:

 1) Determine during the build process the package name of a resource
and set it for example
     <y:resource-type package="foo.bar"/>
 2) Make sure that resources are copying their configs etc into the jar file

For backwards compatibility reasons we would have to support the
copy-dir-name property, but could log a DEPRECATED message
and encourage folks to fix (2) from above.

WDYT?