[Yanel-dev] build.properties.version introduced

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri Aug 14 10:45:19 CEST 2009

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have introduced a build.properties.version (similar to the version
>>> number of realms.xml and resource-types.xml), because
>>> I had very strange problems during startup and the reason was, that
>>> my local.build.properties didn't have zhe same configuration
>>> re ambiguous xerces libs and hence I had the wrong xerces and it took
>>> me quite some time to figure this out.
>>
>> Why not use Subversion keywords substitution instead to avoid having
>> to think of maintaining this version number?
>
> I guess this doesn't work if people are using source snapshots, right?

You did not read until the end, it should work, but only trying will
tell, I may well have overlooked something.
If people use snapshots, they will only get a changed build.properties
by getting a new snapshot, which is generated from svn, which (again
AFAICR) also replace keywords on exports too if that's what actually doing.