[Yanel-dev] Enhancing Yarep Indexer/Searcher interface

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Aug 6 11:13:37 CEST 2009

Hi

At the moment one has the following searcher interface

Node[] Repository.getSearcher().search(QUERY);

and with the index the PATH/URL is saved and the FULLTEXT is indexed.

This is all nice and simple, BUT  .... ;-)

In most common search engines one receives the following search result
structure:

Title of Document
Excerpt of Document
Path/URL of Document
Mime-Type of Document
Last Modified of Document

which means if we also want to provide this, then we need to reparse
each Node which has been found, which is not
so nice (performance wise and also code wise).

Hence I would suggest that we enhance the Indexer/Searcher interface by
adding the fields above and introducing methods like

Result[] Repository.getSearcher().search(QUERY)

whereas Result has methods like

Result.getTitle()
Result.getExcerpt()
etc.