[Yanel-dev] Re: [Yanel-commits] rev 43977 - in public/yanel/trunk/src/contributions/resources/search/src: build java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources/search

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Aug 5 10:03:42 CEST 2009

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>>> What is meguni? http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/meguni/README.txt
>>> does not say much about its intent and purpose.
>>
>> IIRC Meguni is a search interface in order to access search results
>> providers (Google, bing, etc.) without showing provider specific
>> implementation details and contains various implementations
>
> "IIRC"? I hope you know why you need that dependency! ;)

I need the dependency because of the search interface and the various
implementations, but I am not sure anymore if this
is all what Meguni is about. For example we still use avalon because of
some utility classes re XML Configuration, but that's not
really the core of avalon. Hope that explains "IIRC"

>>> I also saw some references to FOAF in r43875, is it related to FOAF
>>> in some way?
>>
>> The FOAF realm is using it.
>
> Okay, but my question was more why we needed to reference it from the
> generic search code, but I see it was commented anyway and the comment
> was even removed since then, so everything is fine.

what comment?