"rtyaneldocs" protocol ( was: Re: [Yanel-dev] Proposal to introduce the webapp protocol)

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Tue Aug 4 18:22:22 CEST 2009

Michael Wechner a écrit :
> Hi

Hi!

> I have noticed that there is a protocol
>
> yanelhtdocs:/foo.bar
>
> but it's not clear to me where this has been implemented (I can only
> find rtyanelhtdocs)?

It was implemented in
http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/core/source/YanelHtdocsResolver.java
(sorry the mime-type is apparently set to "text/x-java" which browsers
handle as binary...) alongside all other Yanel resolvers AFAIK, and used
in
http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/src/webapp/global-resource-configs/user-mgmt/list-users_yanel-rc.xml
(among many other places which for now all point to the
ttp://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/src/webapp/htdocs/html.xslt
wannabe common Yanel styling XSLT file).

Note: in the Java source the "TODO REMOVEME" comments all point to my
several initial (failed) attempts at implementing the resolving logic,
the eventual solution works but uses the deprecated
HttpServletRequest#getRealPath method because basically IIRC the
ServletConfig object is not available fron the Yanel Environment bean.
IMHO it should be, but I wasn't very confortable with the idea of
breaking or versioning the API just for this. Oh well...

Alos FYI:
- rt[yanel]docs was cleaned while trying to understand how resolvers work
- now BasicXMLResource also uses Yanel resolver
- forgot-password and the policy editor now also use this common Yanel
stylesheet

 > Any pointers are welcome.

But maybe better cf. revision 43910 for the whole story.

> Thanks
>
> Michael

You are welcome.

Cheers,