[Yanel-dev] build.sh -f problem

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Tue Apr 28 20:22:09 CEST 2009

simon litwan schrieb:
> hi all

Hi!

> i'm developing a resource type. when i try to use build -f it says build
> successful, but it did nothing. after adding default="compile" to the
> resource-types build.xml it works.
>
> the file resource-type doesn't have this default="compile" and also
> doesn't build.
>
> do i missunderstand something or is this a bug.

My bad, I guess things you do without explaining them always come back
to bite you! ;)

The rationale is while refactoring the resource-type builds into
something generic I wanted to make the default target inherit from the
imported Ant build file, but this does not seem to be supported (see the
commented code in
http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/src/build/resource-types/resource-type.build.xml
at the top).
Also at the time I was not sure what the most useful target would be,
and I still ain't: "compile" is nice (all the more now that it also
installs the Maven artifact only when needed), but I'd rather have
something that also updates the code in the deployed webapp for example!

So that's why I prefered not adding the "compile" target systematically
when refactoring each resource-type. If anything I'd rather do by
default what `ant -projecthelp` /`ant -p` does, that is listing all
available targets.
Now that I think of it maybe we could do that in yanel.sh/yanel.bat:
when no target(s) is/are given just run ànt -p` instead?
WDYT?

Anyway sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
    Guillaume