[Yanel-dev] search-index folders

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Thu Apr 23 10:25:47 CEST 2009

Hi!

IMHO search-index folders can be safely put in svn:ignore as they can be
generated and in general we'd rather have a background process do the
indexing than us manually commit the changes in svn.

But there might be some cases (where data changes rarely and we'd rather
want not to need a background process) where it could make sense.
Is that maybe the case for:
-
http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/trunk/src/realms/yanel-website/ac-policies2/search-index
-
http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/realms/docbook/data-repo/search-index
  which are commited in svn?

Also search indexes might make sense for developers on RC and AC repos
for very big datasets that might benefit from some kind of search, but I
guess most of the time we don't need them, right? Then I'd suggest we
remove them from the repo configs.

Cheers,
    Guillaume