[Yanel-dev] Amazon S3

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Apr 20 11:57:07 CEST 2009

Hi

I am currently researching how to best integrate Amazon S3 with Yanel
and will list some findings below:

Firefox Add-On to* upload *or *download* files to and from Amazon S3:
http://www.s3fox.net/

The steps are as follows:
- After installing the Add-on restart Firefox and click on "Tools" menu
- Create an Amazon S3 account
- Click on "My account" and then click on "Access Identifiers" which
contain the Access Key and the Secrect Access Key
- Use the account name and the access identifiers for creating an
account with s3fox
- Create a bucket, for example yanel.org
- Upload/Transfer an image or whatever into this bucket
- Set the Access Control (somehow this didn't work for me!)
- Right click on the image and "Copy URL to clipboard"
- Paste URL into browser, for example
http://yanel.org.s3.amazonaws.com/yanel.png

Using Java to connect with Amazon S3:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2007/11/07/introduction-to-amazon-s3-with-java-and-rest.html