[Yanel-dev] lookup tree's huge amount of new files committed

simon litwan simon.litwan at wyona.com
Sun Apr 19 23:05:10 CEST 2009

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I was just wondering if the huge amount of new files that were
> committed in 42361, 42366, 42371 and 42402(*) could be reduced somehow.
>
> Some questions:
> - are we doing things differently for this than what was already done
> WRT other GWT-based stuff? In particular
> http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/ajax-components/README.txt

yes, the lookup also uses the gwt-ext stuff.
> - maybe some generic things -- the lookup tree cannot possibly need so
> more from-scratch code ;) can it?) -- could be moved to a common
> "shared-GWT" resource (so at least other GWT resources may benefit
> from it)?
the most of it is this gwt-ext lib.
> - also couldn't we GZIP the JS code as most of it seem
> obfuscated/minified already anyway?
a possibility could be to add the gwt-ext lib as a maven-artifact (as it
is done for tinyMCE).
but this wouldn't allow to share it really, each resource-type which has
it in the dependencies would extract it in the htdocs folder. but maybe
we could add it to the global htdocs folder.

BTW the data-repo-sitetree resource-type also uses this lib. so it would
really make sense to allow sharing it.

> (*) : You'd better not look at the commit E-mails but directly using
> Subversion as the E-mails are too big to be usable, at least for me
> using Thunderbird.
> That's in itself another problem: I would have thought the commit
> E-mail script would nicely break the commit in manageable chunks. I
> saw it done elsewhere, so it should be configurable somehow. Any idea
> how, anyone?
no idea.

simon