[Yanel-dev] lookup tree's huge amount of new files committed

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri Apr 17 18:50:42 CEST 2009

Hi!

I was just wondering if the huge amount of new files that were committed
in 42361, 42366, 42371 and 42402(*) could be reduced somehow.

Some questions:
- are we doing things differently for this than what was already done
WRT other GWT-based stuff? In particular
http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/ajax-components/README.txt
- maybe some generic things -- the lookup tree cannot possibly need so
more from-scratch code ;) can it?) -- could be moved to a common
"shared-GWT" resource (so at least other GWT resources may benefit from it)?
- also couldn't we GZIP the JS code as most of it seem
obfuscated/minified already anyway?

(*) : You'd better not look at the commit E-mails but directly using
Subversion as the E-mails are too big to be usable, at least for me
using Thunderbird.
That's in itself another problem: I would have thought the commit E-mail
script would nicely break the commit in manageable chunks. I saw it done
elsewhere, so it should be configurable somehow. Any idea how, anyone?

Cheers,
    Guillaume