[Yanel-dev] Problem building yanel on Windows with blank space in windows path

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri Apr 17 11:53:33 CEST 2009

Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> Guillaume Déflache schrieb:

>>> What was the error exactly?
>>
>> javadoc.xml:32: Javadoc failed: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess ...
>
> it seems like we are not the only ones with this problem
>
> http://www.google.ch/search?q=Javadoc+failed%3A+java.io.IOException%3A+CreateProcess&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Good pointer! So AFAICS:
- either `javadoc.exe` is not in the PATH (it seems nowadays JRE_HOME is
not added automatically by Sun's JRE installer, maybe it's the same with
JAVA_HOME / Sun's JDK?)
- or there are simply too many things in javadoc's source path for
Windows to handle (some internal command-line buffer overflow...)

A few good ideas picked there:
- useexternalfile="yes" on the Ant task
- 1st gather the classes' dirs in few JARs and hand only that to javadoc
(source JARs ala Eclipse/Maven might help there)