[Yanel-dev] Re: [Yanel-commits] rev 42317 - public/yanel/trunk/tools/apache-tomcat

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Apr 9 13:06:30 CEST 2009

Guillaume Déflache schrieb:
> michi at wyona.com schrieb:
>> Author: michi
>> Date: 2009-04-09 10:58:31 +0200 (Thu, 09 Apr 2009)
>> New Revision: 42317
>>
>> Modified:
>>    public/yanel/trunk/tools/apache-tomcat/build.xml
>> Log:
>> use replace instead xslt
>
> I remember you were reluctant to automate Tomcat ports' patching
> because the Host/Engine/whatever layout in server.xml files could be
> intricate, and rightly so, but it proved solvable to me while reading
> the Tomcat docs.
> So why dismiss the attempt at trying to solve that?

I just commented it ;-)

> I reckon the XSLT file is crying for comments, we can sit together
> with you asking and me adding them for example.
>
> WDYT?

I am happy to use the XSLT as long as we can patch *all* ports properly,
and tried so, but was having problems at some point.
So I decided to do a quick fix, because it's important that we can patch
all ports, because otherwise we cannot use the script within a
multi-project environment. So "function over form" (instead the other
way around ;-)