[Yanel-dev] Setting of YANEL_HOME

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Sep 24 22:35:27 CEST 2008

Hi

As recently described one can build resources (and realms) much more
efficiently by using their specific build.xml files directly.

But in order to do so one needs to know where YANEL_HOME is. I am afraid
that people do not use this since one needs to set YANEL_HOME explicitely.

So my suggestion is that we enhance the core build.sh (build.bat) in
order to check for YANEL_HOME (just as it already checks for JAVA_HOME)
and if it hasn't been set yet, either writes a message or sets it
automagically, whereas I don't think automagic is very simple, because
it depends very much on the OS and shell (in the case of UNIX).

Also I think it would make sense to validate YANEL_HOME, because it
might be possible that one has two yanel sources on the same computer
but at various locations and this can result in confusing builds.

WDYT?