[Yanel-dev] [Yarep Search] Backwards compatibility

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Sep 23 14:50:27 CEST 2008

after analyzing it some more I really think Yarep is not really
backwards compatible anymore re where the index (fulltext and
properties) is located, but please see below

simon litwan schrieb:
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>> Hi
>>
>> With the latest changes of Yarep search it seems to me that it is not
>> 100% backwards compatible.
>>
>> For example I receive index directories at locations which I haven't
>> received before.
> i don't understand.

I have a data repo configurations located at

MY_REALM/config/data-repository.xml

and the index configuration inside is as follows:

<search-index src="../data-repo/search-index"/>

which means the index is located at

MY_REALM/data-repo/search-index/fulltext
MY_REALM/data-repo/search-index/properties

to make it a bit more complicated IIRC if the fulltext directory doesn't
exist, then the fulltext index is located within the directory itself

MY_REALM/data-repo/search-index/

BUT now with the new Yanel/Yarep the index is being created and
retrieved from

MY_REALM/config/index/properties

whereas also interesting to note that the fulltext is not created
automatically!

>> Also existing indexes do not seem to work anymore.
> strange.

because it doesn't find them anymore (please see above).

So it really seems that the most recent Yarep/Yanel implementation seems
to ignore the repo config.