[Yanel-dev] Finishing the OpenID implementation

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Sep 19 09:53:09 CEST 2008

Hi

I think it would be great to finish the OpenID implementation.

1) Yanel as OpenID consumer: This is nearly finished, except that one
ibrary which is required by openid4java

   http://openid.net/pipermail/general/2008-April/004723.html

has this specific Xalan 2.6 dependency and Yanel is currently using
Xalan 2.7

 AFAIK this has been fixed within the trunk, but I am not sure if a new
release has been  published. So  I see two ways how to solve this

    - Check if a new release exists and if use this one
    - OR If no release exists, use the SVN trunk version and let's host
the library on our own  maven repo

2) Yanel as OpenID provider:

   I think it would be great if Yanel could serve as OpenID provider,
whereas I am not sure, if every realm should be able to support this
   or if you should explicitely only implement this into the FOAF realm
(which we could at least as a first step and then make available at
   http://foaf.wyona.org/)

  WDYT?

Any volunteers to work on these tasks?